Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Season's Greetings


Before we go off for our winter holidays, I would like to share how grateful I am to be part of the Squamish Elementary School community.  I have taught in nine schools in the past twenty years: in Vancouver, Richmond,  at HSSS, Mamquam, Brackendale, and this is my fourth year at Squamish.  In my experience, I have never encountered such  affectionate, caring students as we have at this school.  Their parents have obviously done a great job of teaching and guiding them and for this we are all most appreciative.

I am also thankful for the adults I work with:  the teachers, the teaching assistants, the counsellors, the custodians, bus drivers, maintenance folks, and of course, my trusty secretary, Mrs. Morfini.

We live in an amazing place.  From my office window, I  marvel at the magnificence of the Chief know that I have the best view in the whole district.  But it is not for this reason that other principals should be envious.  I also have the best students, parents and colleagues one could wish for.

Thank you, everyone, Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment